Friday, November 22, 2013

Amber's Emery Dress In Pendleton Wool Shirting

--amber

With winter weather finally here, it's the perfect time for a Pendleton wool dress!


Christine Haynes recently released her new Emery dress pattern, and it was the talk of the town at Quilt Market. Lizzy House wore one in her soon-to-be-here Catnap fabric, and at Robert Kaufman there was a sample made up in Carolyn Freelander's upcoming Botanics collection. Christine, herself, was there with a whole menagerie of cute Emerys.


Needless to say, I was swooning over all these cute frocks and had to make myself one when I got home.


I've been eyeing the Pendleton plaid shirtings for winter garment sewing and had stashed a couple yards of this blue and rust woolly plaid. I was able to squeak this dress out of just two yards of Pendleton by lining the bodice with a coordinating shot cotton.


I love the fully lined bodice on the Emery Dress. It makes a neat and smooth fitted bodice, and the lining will be much appreciated as an extra layer of warmth on my new wool dress.


The wool was easy as pie to sew with--perhaps even more forgiving than cotton, with the little bit of stretch that wool provides.


Winter parties, here I come in my cozy cute wool dress!

Thanks to Weathervane Cafe for the photoshoot location!

7 comments:

Christine said...

dying. I'm totally dying at the cuteness of this. thanks Amber!!!! xoxo

Larissa Holland said...

Well done! The fabric choice, the fitting, the tights and the booties. Just love the whole look, it's great on you!

Unknown said...

Super beautiful. Like it lots. Send me the pattern and wool. I have been wanting to make a dress and that looks like a great one to do.

Miss Dooley said...

We love this dress!

Love,

The Pendleton store in Fort Collins

Karen said...

Thanks for the idea. I bought several yards of wool shirting at the Pendleton outlet in Oregon last summer.

Tilly said...

This is so pretty - love your fabric choice!

Anonymous said...

Where ever the notch on the front of the pattern lays on the plaid with the notch on the sleeve pattern, the lines of the plaid will match up. That is a trick to learn with dress making or tailoring.

Bonnie (over 40 years of sewing experience)